25th May

What's on?

Re: 25th May

Postby bennyowens » Wed May 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Was good to be back at the club last night, tried to say hello to everyone but apologies for anyone I missed! Met a couple of people for the first time, hopefully I'll be more of a regular going forward.

Had a very fun game of 40K with Ray, with an insanely high body count on both sides for a 1000 point game! Thought I was en route to getting tabled by turn 2, but I still had a couple of bugs standing (or floating!) at the end of turn 4. Lots of tactics to work on, notably not just standing in front of an Imperial Guard gun line and hoping for the best!
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Wed May 26, 2021 6:20 pm

bennyowens wrote:Had a very fun game of 40K with Ray, with an insanely high body count on both sides for a 1000 point game! Thought I was en route to getting tabled by turn 2, but I still had a couple of bugs standing (or floating!) at the end of turn 4. Lots of tactics to work on, notably not just standing in front of an Imperial Guard gun line and hoping for the best!

I was thinking about it on the drive home and I think what you needed to do was deploy everything in cover, chose to go second, then assault into whichever unit I sent to hold the objective each turn. I think your biggest issue was that going first meant you had to survive a full round of shooting in order to score the objective.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby bennyowens » Wed May 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Ray wrote:
bennyowens wrote:Had a very fun game of 40K with Ray, with an insanely high body count on both sides for a 1000 point game! Thought I was en route to getting tabled by turn 2, but I still had a couple of bugs standing (or floating!) at the end of turn 4. Lots of tactics to work on, notably not just standing in front of an Imperial Guard gun line and hoping for the best!

I was thinking about it on the drive home and I think what you needed to do was deploy everything in cover, chose to go second, then assault into whichever unit I sent to hold the objective each turn. I think your biggest issue was that going first meant you had to survive a full round of shooting in order to score the objective.

Yeah, I dont think I deployed very sensibly, and I misunderstood how the victory points would be scored (was thinking it was end of each player turn, not each battle round). Was also thinking I should have sent the Genestealers and Broodlord deeper into your lines, where they could have actually done something before getting shot to pieces!
Still, it was fun to get to try some stuff out, a Hive Fleet Kronos Exocrine with Symbiostorm cast on him is a scary beast!

Edit: not to say your victory was down to me playing badly, you did a great job of getting rid of my units that could contest objectives early, leaving me to play catch up
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Previous

Return to Club Night